Sunday, September 12, 2010

friends no more....

I am breaking up with Percocet. Where it used to benefit me, now only provides days of nausea and exhaustion. I am only taking it at night lately, but the effects seem to carry on well into the next day and it's wearing on me. I wanted so badly to be alert and halfway capable today so my sweet husband could watch one football game. It's one of only things besides family that means a lot to him. He cleaned the whole house this morning and then as football time neared, my eyes grew heavy and the nausea creeped in. I ended up in bed for three hours, right during the game. I told him to throw Casey in the bed with me and a movie, but he kept her entertained downstairs. I'm feeling more alive now, at 4:30, and am planning on no percocet tonight. I really want to get back to work tomorrow. Only cause I'm hourly, not cause I'm dying to work again, (or in my case sit there and wait for the phone to ring).

Anyway, there just seems to be no way to hurry recovery. And this flippin bra itches and leaves lines in my skin. Can't wait to get it off!

On another note, I think I like the new look. Even bruised and swollen and lopsided, the look is much better on me. No more grapefruits attached to the front of my ribs. I'm excited to see the look as they settle in.

So, no more percocet but I'm hoping valium and I can still get along.

2 comments:

  1. Percocet isn't a great friend, anyway. The whole goal is to be able to live life to the fullest and Percocet just makes life fuzzy. Fight through it. I know you're tough. Marathon tough. Kick butt, Beth!

    ReplyDelete