Saturday, December 19, 2009

Back to Life


So, I took my brick-boobs for a run. Actually it was a walk that turned into a little bit of a run here and there. I figured if Kelly was running again, then so could I. There was nothing fluid or athletic about it, more like a toddler in wading boots stomping down the sidewalk. The boobs remained still while the rest of me fought to find my rhythm, but only got a "oh-ow-ooh-ow" with every step. I managed to crank out maybe a quarter of a mile and then a mile (in bits and pieces) within a three mile walk. As sad as my performance was, it felt good to get out again. I am frustrated though at the thought of getting it back, losing these stupid pounds, only to be benched again in March. I hope that at least in March the easier recovery will help me stay fit, even if I'm not allowed to run for 8 weeks. Plus, the extra temptation of Christmas treats won't be a problem.

I saw my PS on Thursday. I told her I was good with the size and she looked at me up and down trying to figure out why just 240cc's looked like more. We finally came to the conclusion that the expanders are really filling up straight out, and not filling the sides so well and thus we went up to 300cc's. There is a big valley between the boobs that will need to be filled in, so in the final product, they won't be so pointy. They're totally cubical now, and lopsided, and since they have filled straight out, I feel REALLY BIG. I do need to get fit before March so when they're trying on boobs in the operating room, they'll fit them to the right body.

Nothing else to report. Just reclaiming my life little by little.

1 comment:

  1. What a great description of the run! That's how it was when I tried to run, too. I just tried it the one time. I'll do it again, but not sure when. Christmas is overwhelming all my time now. My husband's parents are already here and his sister and her family arrive tomorrow night. I get another fill tomorrow. Mine are the opposite of pointy, cow-paddy like really. I've got 320 in right now and I'm not filling a tiny bra. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete