Monday, December 7, 2009

Week four!

Two days until I'm officially 4 weeks out. This is a magic date, right? Feeling pretty darn normal, minus some tightness and soreness by the end of the day. There have been a couple of days with no meds, some days with only Advil, and still the occasional good stuff. I wrapped a bunch of presents yesterday and by 7:00pm, I couldn't find a comfortable position to sit, so I dipped into the valium. Ahhh.

On the weight front, it looks like I've officially gained 4 pounds. Not too bad and many people would say 4 pounds is nothing, but when you're only 5'1", it makes a huge difference. Not to mention that whatever muscle tone I had is gone, or in hiding. I actually started the calorie counting again today and it felt good. One more normal in this whirlwind. Tomorrow, I plan to walk on the treadmill while my daughter does ballet. I never thought I would look so forward to exercise! I can't wait to run again, although honestly, don't know if it will happen with the expanders. They're just so darn heavy and stiff. I'm not allowed to run until January, so we'll just have to see then.

The meals are done. This is of course good news/bad news. It marks the week where I am supposed to be back to capable, but since I don't cook anyway, therein lies the bad news. I am eternally grateful for all the meals. What a nice thing to do for someone.

One thing that has changed about me, hopefully forever, is that I pledge to be a more thoughtful and giving person. All of the little (and big) things people have done for me, and the ways people have come through for my family is overwhelming. I will never again slight someone on a card, a meal, a small gift. I was always "too busy" and felt they wouldn't notice, or didn't need it anyway. But never again. I love this. I've given so much to charity this year and it feels good. I wanted a chair at Target. I spent the money instead on women in Africa so that they may have a safe delivery of their baby, or so that they can learn a trade to support their family. I think I've always been a giving person, but more in thought than in deed and am learning to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment