Monday, December 14, 2009

"when"

After my last fill, I think I'm ready to say "when". I am pleased with the size and have tried on clothes and bathing suits to try on my new look. I really like it. A little bigger than before, but still seems to fit me. We'll see if the PS agrees this Thursday.

I exercised for the first time on Sunday. I took my 70 pound Fletcher to the dog park. We walked around 5 acres and threw the ball with the chunk'r. I had a hard time using my arm to its full potential, but I managed. We then went for a 1.5 mile hike. It was so incredibly windy and cold, but we made it anyway. I was bound and determined to get some exercise. This is the week I take back my life and it starts here. I was a bit sore after being pulled by an eager partner for the entire hike, but it was ok. My legs are tight today, the kind of tight like the day after a good run. It felt great to feel that again. So good to have something besides my chest sore. I think I will be able to run with expanders in, but still giving it until after Christmas.

Taking back my life also means that I cleaned my own house, plan on dusting off the Wii fit and getting back into routine. I had to do it little by little. There's been more than one day I've sent Dylan to school without his lunch, or homework. It's a lot to take back. I also want to get back to my regular life blog. It's time for my life to be about more than surgery and recovery. So with that I say "when". I'm ready to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment