Wednesday, December 2, 2009

FINALLY, feeling better

The absence of pain can make normalcy extraordinary. That's how I feel today. Really good and dare I say almost normal? Besides feeling like I'm wearing an ill-fitting underwire bra, all over pretty good. It was painful getting up today, but it usually is, you know the bricks between my ribs and and skin feeling? Took some Advil and am now at work, first time back. I'm not going to push it. I don't want to scare the good feeling away by overdoing it so maybe just a few hours...

Turns out I didn't have a seroma. It was just the expander on that side was a little lower and filling up unevenly. Whew! The pain on my other side was from where the expander was tethered, or so she kept saying. The fill yesterday seemed to have helped that a bit. 80cc's yesterday. Last night was pretty uncomfortable, and yes, I drugged up. I won't have much longer before I can't legally drug up. Not afraid to admit that I like my percocet. We've become quite close although I know this affair is fleeting.

Looking forward to some sort of physical activity next week and can already feel more able to function.

1 comment:

  1. Great news, Beth! I'm getting anxious about the "fill-ups" and wondering how much that will bring the pain back. I'm still on Percocet all the time now but can feel it quite obviously when I'm an hour or so late in taking it. I so wish this process could be over in a few weeks instead of taking months and months!

    ReplyDelete