Sunday, November 29, 2009

new attitude

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
- Winston Churchill


Since I can't help the way I feel, it's time for a new attitude. Everyone, especially myself, is tired of the complaining. It's almost been 3 weeks. I keep the mental countdown to the magical 4 weeks. Then I can use my arms, be worthwhile around the house and lift my daughter (right?)

The pain is not so bad, just a weird prickly feeling. Trying to stay off the narcotics, may use one the night after my next fill. I've only had one fill so far and it was small, so the next may be more difficult to deal with.

My daughter slept with me last night which was blissful. She fell asleep holding my hand and we held hands on and off throughout the night. This morning she said "Daddy, thanks for letting me sleep all night in your bed." Corey had fallen asleep on the couch and decided to stay there. I slept with just one pillow instead of 2-3 and actually slept on my side a little for the first time since the surgery. It's not so bad.

I may make it out to Target today and make Dylan push the cart. Just need to get out now and then and want to give Corey some football time. Poor guy has done nothing but give and give and give. I'm ready for my job back (housekeeper) and he promises he's not trying to take it from me. The house looks great and I think for the first time he actually realizes how hard it is to keep up. We've turned the tables and the things that come out of his mouth are what I'd say "What happened to my clean kitchen?" while I've taken over the "Hey, let's help daddy clean up." It makes me giggle.

I go back to the office job tomorrow. Looking forward to having some routine tomorrow and am lucky enough to work for someone who understands and doesn't care if I need to leave early. He thought my email about having to leave Thursday to get my boobs filled was funny.

I've decided not to go to the PS tomorrow. The seroma (if that's what it is) is not bothering me and isn't any worse. It can wait until Thursday. I'm actually excited about my fill. Not the pressure, but the look. I'm thinking 2, maybe 3 more fills will do it? Honestly, I don't think my skin can take much more given how much they had to remove and re-stretch. I've been boob shopping. Trying to look at short, small people. I really think a smallish B is good.

That's it for now. Keeping my head and attitude above water.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing such a great job, B! This is a grueling journey. Be good to yourself. XO

    ReplyDelete