Tuesday, November 24, 2009

new boobies, day 2

I started calling them my new boobies when the drains came out and the bandages off. Shower was great. Well, minus these new foreign body parts. I guess when it comes to my fucked up boobs, I do care, depending on the day. Corey took off my bandages, just from the drains, last night and we both stood there looking at them. I was crying and he was examining them as if it was a science experiment. He was really intrigued and asking questions like "why is it dented there?" and "ooh, look at where they sliced you here." Oh well. I'll get used to it.

Did I mention the PA yesterday said to me "Your boobs will never look cute." But after seeing the look on my face, she re-phrased to add "while they're under construction." The new ones should look cute. As I get bigger (she only put in 60 cc's yesterday) the shape of the expander with the port will begin to show, a kind of cubicle shape she says. Oh joy.

Day one, calorie counting. I reluctantly pulled up my calorie counter. Only one cookie so far today. Corey was supposed to hide them. And he did, but then got them back out. He'll be mad if I eat them all, as if it's my fault.

I've gained 6 pounds. Now you may wonder how it's humanly possible to gain 6 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I'm really good at it (hence the calorie counting as part of my daily life). Here's some hints.
Never pass a plate of cookies without taking 1-3
Eat Halloween candy because it's sitting there, even if it's not your favorite kind
Pay no attention to mealtimes
Sit on your ass non-stop in bed, or if you prefer, the couch works well too

Oh boy, I can't wait to eat ice cream and watch Biggest Loser tonight.

Feeling fine physically but I know I walk funny. Not sure if it's cause I was so used to the drains or what, but I really must re-learn to stand up straight.

No one has seen my boobs but my husband and daughter. My son took a pass. I felt compelled to show my sister the other day, but then I'd have to show her again when they look better and not sure she's up for all that.

Took a vicadin and a valium last night - just cause I can. Well, and cause my back hurt just a little. It was nice.

Off to attempt reading Twilight. One of these days it's gonna stick.

1 comment:

  1. I have gained weight too. About 6 pounds since my diagnosis. I'm too and seeking comfort foods. Good thing that I bought some sweatpants to wear, none of my jeans fit well right now. I doubt being home from work spending lots of time in bed will help with this plight. I figure it's too early to start a diet, though. My body doesnt' need to freak out while I'm trying to heal.

    Hang in there! I'm so jealous you got those damn drains out. I do hate them on me. I know it's necessary, but I hate them anyway.

    ReplyDelete